just as we’ve all been subjected to gender related processes that altered our bodies (being fed differently because of our gender, being given or denied proper medical care because of our gender, using dangerous products that are on the market only because of their relationship to gender norms, etc). The isolating of only some of these processes for critique, while ignoring others, is a classic exercise in domination. To see trans body alteration as participating and furthering binary gender, to put trans people’s gender practices under a microscope while maintaining blindness to more familiar and traditional, but no less active and important gender practices of non-trans people, is exactly what the transphobic medical establishment has always done.
Dress to Kill, Fight to Win (via hexaltations)
- White people: Remember 911
- White people: Remember the Holocaust
- White people: Remember The Alamo
- White people: Remember the American Revolution
- White people: Remember Pearl Harbor
- White people: Slavery? Come on are you still stuck on that? It's time to move on that was yearsssssss ago no one cares anymore
women are taught “don’t send nudes if you don’t want them to get leaked”
men are never taught “if a woman feels comfortable enough to send you a nude photo, keep it to yourself. leaking it could put her in danger.”
if you don’t see the issue here, you’re a part of the problem.
Monica Sjoo, The Great Cosmic Mother: Rediscovering the Religion of the Earth (via tierdropp)
Virginity is a social construct. Not a scientific fact.